I recently had the opportunity to chat with Pampered Pet Care of Atlanta company owner Sarah Paulk on the subject of independent contractors.
Sarah’s pet sitting business was voted “Best Pet Sitting Company” in 2009 by Atlanta Magazine and with a roster of 13 independent contractors on board, the company must be doing most things right.
In this open and honest interview, Sarah walks us through the step-by-step process of finding, interviewing and hiring the perfect IC for your team.
Listen in and discover:
- The number one reason Sarah decided to hire her first IC
- The best (and worst) place to post an ad
- How to avoid getting overwhelmed with IC responses
- What to include in your ads
- What to look for during your first face-to-face interview
- Why putting yourself in the clients’ shoes is so crucial
- Whether it’s better to pay ICs a flat-rate or a percentage
- Sarah’s biggest concern when it comes to hiring ICs
Listen to the interview here: