A conversation between Josh Cary and Jamie Migdal
You know those people who you chat with and you feel that conversation just flows? And you both literally speak the same language?
Well, that’s how I feel about our guest today. I’ve had the pleasure and privilege of knowing Jamie Migdal for quite some time and got to cross paths in person finally in 2016 when we were both speaking at the NAPPS conference.
I’ve compared many notes with Jamie and we excitedly share a similar work ethic and vision for our businesses and the industry at large.
Jamie has bought, sold and acquired more pet businesses than I can count and has successfully fundraised through rounds of funding attracting investors. Something you don’t too often hear about in our industry.
Whether or not you have any plans to buy or sell your pet business is not the point. Tune in to discover how to make sure your business is perfectly positioned for success.
I am excited to unravel how she has accomplished everything on her plate to date and learn how we can follow a similar technique for whatever it is we wish to accomplish for ourselves.
Some Topics We Cover
- An overview of the several pet businesses Jamie has owned, bought and sold over the years. What’s in her portfolio today?
- How a genuine love for people has shaped her success. How do you implement a love for people?
- The importance to have a trusted team behind you. Who is on her team and how important is a team for even a solo pet sitter?
- Press and PR: How Jamie attracts the interest of various well known media outlets, including the Allstate CEO Spotlight, the Chicago Tribune, ABC morning news and more
- How important is a positive mindset and why? How do you keep things positive?
- How she’s gone the fundraising route from investors through rounds of funding. How did she accomplish this? What needs to be in place?
- How she views the fact that there is a low barrier to entry for anyone to become a pet sitter and what to do about that as a professional.
- What will Jamie be doing in 10 years from today?
Facts about Jamie Migdal
Jamie has been part of the professional pet industry for more than two decades, creating startups ranging from a dog-walking and pet-sitting service to a dog-training company.
In 1996, Jamie founded OutUGo Pet Care Services, which now operates as a leading pet franchise company serving pet communities all over the country. Five years later, she founded AnimalSense Canine Training & Behavior, the fastest growing dog training company in the Chicago area.
Following the sale of AnimalSense in June 2011, Jamie announced her third startup, CanineLink Education and Consulting. CanineLink offers pet industry professionals, and those who want to enter the industry, opportunities for increased growth, knowledge and risk prevention via top-notch educational and consulting programs.
The creators of five pet products and services are being recognized as finalists in the first-ever Pet Care Innovation Prize, a partnership between Nestlé Purina and investment firms Active Capital and Cultivation Capital.
Over To You
Please tell us, what resonated the most for you by watching this session? And feel free to share the page (share links above) with those who will benefit from it.