I was enjoying my morning coffee earlier, as usual, reading through the Google News headlines to see what the day had in store.
One of my custom news sections has all pet sitting industry headlines and stories, and one in particular caught my attention.
It was an article from the Los Angeles Times spotlighting the new start-up, DogVacay.com.
One thing from the article in particular ruffled my feathers and prompted me to make this quick video.
Make sure to watch at minute 1:53 in the video to see exactly what got me going – and tell me if you don’t agree with my stand.
Now It’s Your Turn…
Also, discussing the site Dog Vacay in general, I’d like your thoughts on this:
1) Do you think sites like this are your new big competition?
2) Do you now have to start differentiating yourself from these sites, just like we work hard to separate ourselves from the kennel service or ‘kid next door’?
3) Do you currently offer in-home boarding?
4) If not, will you consider adding it?
What do you make of all this?
(Here is a link to the original Los Angeles Times article.)
Leave your comments below, and as always, thanks for being part of our community.
(Let PetSittingOlogy Do It.)
How does the idea of having
your very own virtual office manager sound?
Our PetSittingOlogy Office Manager Will:
- Handle your incoming phone calls
- Sell your pet sitting services to callers
- Email new client forms, contracts, etc.
- Coordinate meet-n-greets & schedules
- and much more to free your time!
- ...or any number of other things to make your day go smoothly.